DFA- Design Process
Updated: Jan 17, 2020
GOAL: Define targeted problem spaces you will tackle to focus future research. OUTPUTS:
- 4-5 broad How Can We’s that define problem spaces to research.
- Initial knowledge and assumptions compiled.
- A list of possible mentors and partners.
GOAL: Empathize with stakeholders and uncover insights to deeply understand your problem spaces. OUTPUTS:
- Empathetic stories of stakeholders.
- 4-5 key insights.
- 4-5 visual representations of key insights.
GOAL: Define the change you want to make in the world and what your solutions needs to accomplish to get there. OUTPUTS:
- 3-4 Design Goals defining desired solution qualities.
- 3-4 Measures of Success defining successful impact.
- 4-5 Narrowed How Can We’s.
GOAL: Generate a variety of ways that make change and explore many alternative solutions.
- List of 50+ different ideas.
- 2-4 well-considered concepts.
GOAL: Make a variety of tangible prototypes to communicate and test your ideas.
- At least 2 built prototypes of every concept you’re moving forward with for user testing and feedback.
- A list of important questions to learn about each concept.
GOAL: Get feedback to uncover insights and develop next steps to improve a solution.
- 4-5 user/expert quotes about your solution.
- 2-3 insights to inform next steps.
Written by: Design for America
Organized by: Alex Morrow